Occupational health psychology focuses on a diverse span of topics to benefit workers in terms of their physical and mental health, this includes an examination of ways to decrease worker stress and improve work–life balance. Work stress is estimated to cost the US organizations over $300 billion every year in absenteeism, turnover, reduced productivity, as well as high costs of medical bills. Stress is the body’s response to change which is essential for a healthy physical, mental, or emotional adjustment. Selye’s General Adaptation Syndrome consists of three phases: alarm, resistance, and exhaustion. Alarm, the stressing indicator is revealed, the body responds by preparing itself by amplifying cortisol and adrenaline levels. Resistance is the if the body is not able to effectively resolve things in the alarm stage, the next step is the resistance stage. Once the resistance stage kicks in, the body continues to release cortisol starting the process of storing sugars and eventually fats in order to fuel the ongoing demands of the stressors. Exhaustion is the body working so hard for so long, it has effectively run out of fats and sugars to draw upon, and the long-term release of cortisol has taken its toll on the body, leaving the individual in a weakened state. (Tuxillo 2016) Mental health, sleeping illness and lack of physical activity are all constraints that have shown to affect an individual’s performance. Leading heavily into forms of anxiety, depression and mental disorders. Their ability to feel secure and appreciated in their career role with accessible and reliable sources of job development. Opportunities such as training programs and furthering their skills and or education.
(1) Occupational health psychology promotes a primary prevention approach focusing effectively on the elimination of risks to employee’s safety and health and implementing the promotion of positive ex
Need this assignment done for you, 100% original and Plagiarism Free?
Place Your Order Here
Our Rates Start at $10
Our services offer the following Guarantees:
- 🕛24/7 Customer Support
- ⌚On Time Delivery
- 💰Affordable Prices
- 📝Unlimited Revisions
- 🔎100% Plagiarism free papers
- ©️ Certified Expert Assistance on each discipline
Our services as the best essay services because:
- Diverse Expert writing team – We have writers in different levels of studies – high-school, college, undergraduate, masters and PhD
- Our services are designed to give you the essay you need
- On-time delivery – we deliver hours earlier before essay due deadline
- 100% Original content – We give you original content that meets your needs accompanied by a plagiarism report if you want it
- Cheap essay writing services – Our essay writing services are cheap and affordable for all customers.